A resident of the Washington DC metro area for over 20 years, Jodie entered the real estate business with an extensive background in event management and catering sales. Her experiences in the service industry uniquely prepared her for her second career as a Realtor, which she believes is about customer service rather than making a sale.
After years of "setting the stage" for special events, Jodie continues to apply and hone these skills when working with sellers. She knows that, in the current real estate climate, staging and fully preparing a property are essential prior to going on the market. Jodie provides this service as an integral part of her listing package. Combined with an ongoing analysis of market conditions and a detailed marketing plan, this allows Jodie to get a house sold quickly and profitably.
Jodie prides herself on keeping up to date with the latest trends, statistics and technology. She also understands that, whether buying for the first time or the fifth, the process isn't just about business, it can be an emotional experience. Jodie provides attention and guidance every step of the way, helping her clients to make educated decisions that are best for their unique situation.
Fiercely loyal, honest, and creative in helping buyers and sellers reach their goals, Jodie develops lasting relationships with her clients. When she’s not working, Jodie keeps herself busy with her friends and family, and renovating their home in Hollin Hills. She has a serious passion for food, wine, and entertaining stemming from her years in catering and the restaurant business. She also strives to take as many yoga, dance and fine art classes as she can fit into her schedule.
· mid-century modern and contemporary homes
· staging and property preparation
· military relocation professional
· 50+ clients
Affiliations and Accreditations:
· BA, Linguistics, minor in Art History, Temple University, 1993
· Top Producer, Multi-Million Dollar Sales Club
· Member, Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
· International Association of Home Staging Professionals
· Accredited Staging Professionals
· Senior Real Estate Specialist
· Slow Food International
· Park Warden, Hollin Hills Wildlife Sanctuary
· Hollin Hills Neighborhood Greeter
· Mount Vernon at Home
- ASP - Accredited Staging Professional
- MRP - Military Relocation Professional
- SRES® - Seniors Real Estate Specialist